April 21, 2012

The Work of Her (...in this case my) Hands and other Sundry Items

It's been particularly busy around here as of late.  I'm trying to finish up some paperwork, get flower pots ready to receive their flowers, get things outside cleaned up and arranged for summer enjoyment and finish up some other projects when the sun isn't shining or it is time to come in and relax.  Here are a few things I've been working on....

I finished a "knit along" hat...well, I guess it was a knit along.  But a young lady from our church approached me about the casting on edge, wondering how it would all stay in tact once you take it out, so I had to do it too.  I just had to see how this worked because quite frankly, I had never done it before.  It intrigued me, so I tried it.  It's a beautiful pattern and I love how it turned out.  :)  

The ending at the top didn't seem right to me since the directions said, "pull the thread through all (15) stitches and weave the tail in."  I decided to do something different to make sure the thread was securely in place.  It is called the "Kitchener Stitch" and it is the same stitch I use when finishing off toes of socks.  I used it with this hat and it worked beautifully!  :)  

For those of you who crochet, yes, this is a single crochet stitch.  :)  This is 100% wool that I am working in to a bag that I will felt when everything is done.  I'll be sure to post finished pictures.  :)  

And a close up...

My hands have been busy doing lots of other things as well...like giving hair cuts and training my daughter to cut hair.
Yikes!  She's cutting my haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaair!  LOL

Hamming it up, just for me!  :)  They're all such good sports, especially when I have a purple hair cutting cape.  LOL


The next two days we'll be hunkering down for the snow that is coming.  As you can probably see from the picture above, the window is open to let the wonderful warm Spring breezes in.  The good thing about April snow...it's the best kind in that it's going to leave quickly!  :)   It's all good!  It will give me some time to get more work done on my bag and some aprons started.  :) 


No comments: