...back to the story...
She made so much cake on Friday that almost a week later we're still eating it here and there. LOL Well, not so much me, but mostly everyone else.
Saturday she set out to make the frosting and instead of using shortening, she used butter. There was no saving this recipe at all, so we had to throw it out and start again. Fortunately, DA found the shortening for her and all was saved. She made a wonderful cake that, unfortunately, we didn't get a picture of. But, Mrs. J saw it and everyone could attest how yummy it was. LOL
We made our casseroles on Saturday and put them in the refrigerator, peeled and cut potatoes and put them in a pot of water over night and I made my stuffing. Tom Turkey had already been put in the refrigerator and was awaiting his appointment with the roasting pan. Once the kitchen was cleaned up, we went to bed, having everything ready to go on at it's appointed time.
We were ready. All of our work having been done with praise music in the background, our hearts focused on the empty tomb and all that had been done on our behalf by our Savior. This year we were celebrating with dear friends, so it made our day that much more special to us. The last time we'd celebrated Easter with family was when Mr. G's family still lived here in PA. We celebrated Christmas in 2010 with Mr. G's family in Florida, so to celebrate with dear friends was such a blessing.
The next morning, I woke at 5:30 to get Tom cleaned, massaged with butter, stuffed and at his appointment with the roasting pan.
After my shower, a shudder bug catches me by surprise. LOL

My husband, Mr. G. is the biggest goofball when it comes to taking pictures together. Can you see the mischievousness in his eyes. LOL! This is my Mr. G. He does this to make me smile. I think he succeeded. LOL
And, I bet you can't guess where they get their mischievousness from!
And, with their sunglasses on.
After telling JL not to cross his eyes, I did manage to get a nice picture of all 3 of them. :)
We didn't get any pictures of our Easter dinner. I didn't get the camera at all. I was thinking about it so very little, but maybe next time. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment