February 11, 2012

Humble Beginnings--Learning to Knit Lace

One of my goals for this year has been to learn to knit lace.  I'd like to make some pretty lacy wraps to go with my Sunday dresses.  I don't want to make a sweater for myself to go with my dresses because I wanted something different.

I began with...you guessed it...a dish cloth!   :)


I figured this would give me good practice in the rudimentary skills of beginning to knit lace.  It did just that! 


I sat down with my Reader's Digest Complete Guide to Needlework last night to learn more. 



I love this book!  It is such a wealth of information.  I'm sure there are more versions of how to make the different stitches, if not more stitches, but I've learned so very much from this book.  I'll take what I learn and apply it to very small swatches to begin with.  I'll post pictures as I complete the different types of lace that I practice.  :)  


No comments: