February always seems like a time when I desperately need a break. Something just washes over me. I've come to recognize it for what it is and take the break that I so desperately need. This year has been much the same. The feeling began on this past Saturday and it grew. We went to our home school group on Monday, and it grew. When facing needing to do school on Tuesday, there it was...right in my face. I needed a break.
I plan to snuggle, talk, do some cleaning, play some games and with the lovely temperatures where they are, we just might do some walking.

Of course, I'll take some pictures.
![]() |
| This one is a little blurry because it was taken from my cell phone. |

I just might completely ignore looking at curriculum, planning and getting portfolio pictures and work taken care of. ...just for this week.
Because Momma needs a break. It is healthy, it is good to rest....but not too long. Before long, things will get hyper busy with Spring things.
How about you? Do you need a break too? Give yourself a break then! It is good to recognize those times when you need a break and grant yourself the grace you need to take it. Jesus rested. So can we!


2 comments:
What a wonderful blessing to be able to take a break. Praying that the next week is filled with many hours of restful time with the kids.
You're right! Breaks are very much needed. I'm implementing a "Sabbath" week every 6 or so weeks (give or take! I'm flexible! haha). We had our first one a couple of weeks ago and it was SO nice! Enjoy your break!
Post a Comment