This is taken from the highest point in Cook's Forest. My hubby and I climbed the fire tower to see the leaves. What beauty!
What a beautiful area we live in! We're so thankful, and humbled that God would bless us with such beauty.
This is the Clarion River. This particular spot is where local canoe rental businesses take their patrons to put their canoes, rafts and inner tubes in the water for a 4 mile ride. We've done this before, but on our own canoes. What a wonderful time!
Entering Seneca Point overlooking the valley.
I couldn't resist this one. My husband is on the left and my oldest son on the right.
A porcupine in a tree! How cool is that?
This is the road we walk on to the right. My husband pulled off the road to pick walnuts, and I snapped this picture.
Yes, it is a little blurry, but it is still beautiful nonetheless. I love this particular view of the road. Isn't it how life is? It's an uphill climb in some places with winding roads that you can't see around the corner ahead. There's such a beautiful rendition of life. You can look at the beauty around you or dwell on the potholes in the road. ;)
Our 3 blessings on the way to the Fire Tower & Seneca Point in Cook's Forest.
And me, enjoying the beauty God has blessed me with.
Today and the past couple of days have been rainy. Rain is in the forecast for the next few days too. As I look out the window, just a few leaves are hanging on to the trees on the northern part of our property next to the road. The burning maple still has quite a few leaves, but not for long. Today is a melancholy day for me. Another season has come and gone. It is time to deep clean the living room, cover the few windows with plastic and begin preparations for the holidays. This year we'll have a Christmas Tree, like every other year of our married life except last year when we were gone for Christmas to Florida with family.
Today, though, is also a day that we'll can almost 30 pounds of peaches in to jam. They start in the crock pots, then my daughter and I will leave to go get some beautiful soft yarn for a new baby afghan. This is one of a mystery to me. I'm making it out of obedience. Once it is done, I'm sure the Lord will show me who will need it. Who knows? Maybe it will be us and I'll need to make another one for twins? I don't know, but I'm trusting in the Lord's leading with this knitted afghan. I've never made a knitted one, only crocheted, so this will be an interesting change. Just like the change of seasons....










No comments:
Post a Comment