The next morning, Mr. G. decided to do some decluttering in our bedroom--specifically in his closet. Without his realizing, the dust filled the air in our bedroom. I tried staying in the bedroom with him to talk before he had to get ready for work. I felt every dust particle that came through my nasal passages. My heart was with my husband, but I needed to leave the bedroom due to the dust, but it was too late.
Wednesday morning I woke with a sore throat. This morning I coughed up green phlegm (I know...TMI), so I called the Dr's office. Usually when I let these things go over the weekend I'm so very miserable and unable to breathe well.
They called me back to find that they think this is the flu that's going around that shows up like an infection, but turns in to a virus. I sent a message to a friend of mine to see if she had any suggestions for aromatherapy suggestions that might help. She made some suggestions and I went on a search for those products on her site. Suffice it to say that to get better and be healthy it is going to cost a small fortune. Unfortunately, now is not the time to do so. As a small bonus, however, I do have 2 of the oils she suggested, so those will be helpful.
In the mean time, we needed to rearrange the furniture just a little to be able to be ready for the storm this weekend...if it comes. I needed to move things also for my own peace of mind. If something doesn't seem like it works well, I do not feel at peace. We made it to a point where we have everything rearranged to our liking, but there is one more table to clean off. When the temperature dropped, we needed to close the windows, but that's when the breathing issues began. It quickly became apparent that I needed to rest. Knitting and snuggling with a little dog seemed to be a good way to spend the afternoon.
3 comments:
I have the same thing! HOw long does it last? Sore throat, snott-nose, runny nose and aches! What can I do??????
Feel better soon!
This is what she told me, Christi.
"Best thing for drying mucus is a capsule of goldenseal every 20 minutes until you notice you are drying up. (Usually takes two doses) best thing for helping to open airway is Breathe essential oil blend.... Suggest diffusing it. Best thing for killing bacteria OnGuard essential oil blend or oregano (10 drops in a capsule) ... Best thing for breaking a fever peppermint essential oil on the spine. For heavy sinus issue 10 drops of lemon essential oil and 2 drops of peppermint essential oil in a capsule, 2-3 times daily. Vitamin c should be added to all of the above. You want to do about 5000mg daily for five days... Then back down to 3000mg for five days. Lots and lots and lots of water!!!!"
She sells essential oils through doTERRA. If you'd like me to send you her link, let me know.
I do know that Stacy McDonald sells Young Living Essential oils as well. I have her link as well. :)
And this stuff has lasted 2 weeks so far for me, after having been on an antibiotic for 10 days. I've put lavender oil in the humidifier and had it going the last 24 hours. No one can smell the lavender, but I'm breathing easier, but with quite the sore throat still. My voice has yet to return. Poor JL...I have to say his spelling words a couple of times before he can understand what I'm saying! LOL
Post a Comment