Song of Solomon 2:10
"My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away."
Since this day, the time I've spent with my husband has been so very different than before he was saved. I had not realized how protected I had become with my own spirit and heart until faced with the very thing I had cried out for--his salvation--for so long had become a reality. I had been shell shocked, stunned and not ready for it. I had been ready for the long haul. So many friends of mine had told me that they'd lived their entire lives with unsaved husbands to only find that their husbands were saved weeks before they died. Their remaining time with their husbands had been so very sweet and worth the wait. I had so longed for that time, a sweetness that was so foreign to me.
My husband has sought me and my heart, as well as tended to my spirit and to our growth together as a couple for the past 5 1/2 weeks. He has taken measures to fulfill all the time I'd always wanted to spend with him. He realizes he cannot make up for lost time, but he can make the most of the time he has now, today.
He had dinner going on the stove on Monday when we came home from home school group. He made a lovely carrot soup, yellow beans and chicken strips wrapped with ham. Savory and delicious!
He's been leading daily Bible reading, devotions in addition to our own personal Bible study.
He's been doing the laundry! I'd asked him if he wanted to revamp the chores and see which ones he wanted to take on. He decided to do the laundry himself! What an absolutely wonderful blessing!
I am blessed so very much on a daily basis. He is enabling me to step back from shouldering so much responsibility, in parenting as well as schooling. It was so very difficult to do because I'd taken the responsibility for so long that it was second nature. Stepping back that first week was hard, but as time has progressed, with a deep heavy sigh, I can peacefully release that to him.
He has tended to my heart which has caused much more love for him than I ever imagined.
My husband has been "courting" me daily for 5 1/2 weeks! I am enamored by my husband. Such love I'd never known, until now.

1 comment:
What a wonderful blessing. I am so thankful for your sharing.
Post a Comment