The fog is laying heavily across the field, so much so in fact that I can't see the trees just beyond the field. There is a chill in the air, just enough to snuggle up under a blanket with a little Biscuit while having my coffee. I love mornings like this! Well, I love mornings. LOL
My beloved Mr. G bought me a beautiful hummingbird feeder made from glass to hang out on the front porch. We love to watch hummingbirds, but our flowing plants that feed them-- Bee Balm and Honeysuckle--don't come out until the end of June, so we thought we'd give them a little help. :)
![]() |
| Can you see the hummingbird? I actually got a picture of it before it flew away! |
The above picture was taken in mid-August, so we'd just like to extend the time we're able to feed the little creatures.
Today, I'm not sure what our plan is. We've begun our quest to find a new stove, economically, that would fit in to my kitchen penninsula.
This is the stovetop underneath the griddle. The stove is ceramic and lays flush with the countertop. As of late, the most used burner has stopped working properly. I'm beginning to wonder about the oven too because it has been taking longer to bake things. I'm not sure how old this stove is, but it is time to replace it. We have a few challenges, however. We'd like a gas top stove, but the gas line comes up behind the refrigerator. Apparantly the previous owner had the stove over there. Now we just need to figure out what to do and do it. :)
| Taking out the old stove and making part of the peninsula in to an island. |
| This might be the island size, but we might change our minds and get something a little different. We thought of reusing what we could from the peninsula for the island, but we'll see. |
This has been our day so far. We need to get linoleum this evening. Tomorrow we'll install it and possibly go get the new stove. :) What a blessing! :) I'll post one big "project post" from beginning to end once it gets done. :)


1 comment:
Thank-you for visiting my blog and your nice words!
Looks like you have quite a project going on! Can't wait to see the finished project!
Stephanie
Post a Comment