January 28, 2013

In Sickness and in Health

Jeremiah 31:3
“The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, 
Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: 
therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.” 


Being sick is a wonderful time to draw nearer to the Lord.  I don't know if you can tell by my last few posts, but sickness has taken up residence in a variety of forms in our home.  Fortunately, we feel the Lord's healing touch on each one of us.  He calls us to Him in those quiet times of sweet reflection when we're well, often times we call out for Him when in a kneeling position emptying our stomach. (I know...TMI).  The position itself--in sickness or in health--gives each one of us reason to pray.  It is a position of humility, so why not take advantage of it?  Mopping, cleaning up messes on the floor or kneeling in front of the toilet....

...for these reasons, He must have placed those circumstances in our lives to give us the opportunity to talk with Him.  Why not take advantage of it?

1 comment:

Coffee Mommerz said...

I do pray you are all feeling better soon.