January 14, 2013

2013 Book Reading List

I've been looking at books I'd like to read this coming year, some that I'd like to buy to read, some that our pastor has suggested that my husband I read together in a study and some for my own personal growth.  Mind you, this list is in no way exhaustive.  There are  many books that are there because I just didn't get to them last year.  However, know that my reading list still continues with great resolve.

I've added a section on Healthy Living.  The books I've listed there are based on my own personal health issues, like PCOS and the Paleo Cookbooks which I'm finding that gluten and grains are linked to PCOS.  For those of you who do not know, PCOS is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.  With the way the government has pushed the food pyramid in times past where you're supposed to get all these servings per day of breads, grains, rices and pasta, many people have blindly followed the government's suggestions to their own detriment, your's truly as well.  I have taken much of the grain out of my own diet this past year and I've lost 35.5 pounds and I'd lost 34.5 inches off my body in 2012.

I plan to continue on this lifestyle because I feel so much healthier.  Do I still eat bread?  Yes!  Once a week I'll have a Sandwich Round with lots of veggies and meat or I'll have multigrain nachos.  Why so few grains? I'll delve in to that another day on my Created to Eat Naturally blog.  :0)

If anyone has any suggestions or questions, please let me know.  You can also email me if you'd like.  My email address is in pink on the left side bar, just add the symbols.


Philemon 1:3 
"Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."

5 comments:

Mosaic said...

So. Where is the book list? I might see something I like. :)

Regina said...

Hello Mosaic and welcome to my blog! I'm sorry, I should have been more specific in my post. I keep my reading list on the left side bar. It is in no way exhaustive. I do find through out the year that I end up reading quite a few more books than are on the side bar, but that's one of those things, I guess. :0)

There is a widget toward the bottom that spins through books I've read. I keep forgetting to add more to it, but if you scroll through it you might find some books of interest there. =0D

In Christ,
Regina

Mosaic said...

If you haven't read "Hinds Feet on High Places", you should add it to your list.

Regina said...

Thank you for the suggestion! I have added it to my amazon wish list for now. It looks like an interesting read. :)

Mosaic said...

It is one of my favorites! I've read it many times since high school (20+ years ago).