It has been a few weeks since updating my blog posts.
My husband has a new job here in GA and I'm trying (and failing) to get
in to a good routine. It seems that every time I think something is
"just right", it turns out to not be so. Every day is another
challenge.
My plans have
been to get up with my husband, ensuring he has a good breakfast and a cup of
coffee to start his day. That plan was thwarted by nature. My
husband didn't want nature to call when he was doing his job, so I needed to
rethink things. I have, with the suggestion of my husband, procured
granola bars and mixed nuts along with W*lmart brand energy packs instead.
I was making Trim Healthy
Mama muffins in a mug for him
daily from the cookbook,
but it interfered with his needs, so it was scrubbed for his breakfasts.
Now he doesn't have breakfast, but has granola bars throughout the day,
stopping off for an occasional burger at a fast food place when needed. I
know, not the ideal, but only he knows his routine and days, so it works for
him. The eternal conundrum in our home, however, is keeping the young
folks from devouring what was meant for Daddy's lunch bag. For the first
time I've had to put a note on the box telling them they cannot have it.
But, they CAN have the Trim Healthy Mama muffins in a mug! So, I
think it's a good trade-off! :0) (Yes, I've been doing the Trim
Healthy Mama plan since October 2015, but I'll have to leave that for another day.)
Dinners are still "on plan" though, which is good.
Here we are a month after my husband
started his job and I still do not feel as if I have everything down pat.
I have a schedule, with many
predictable-every-week-they-come-at-the-same-time-regardless, but it's just the
other things that show up that are not predictable that throw me off.
We've had appointments for my oldest son to have entrance exams for a
local technical school, other non-predictable appointments showing up, as well
as activities that just adding those things make me feel so very exhausted.
This past weekend, while an absolute blessing for my two younger kids,
started with homeschool group where I taught a class on edible essential oils,
then went to make sure my kids ate, Sam's Club, then drop one off at one house,
and another at someone else's house, get gas on my way home, then the 45+
minute drive home. By the time I got home I was spent! Exhaustion
doesn't quite encompass it. My body said that I should have gone home after
homeschool group because my body was prepared for that, but not the extra
running. LOL
{Needless to say, I'm beginning to
think that it is a good time to start keeping an eye out for property closer to
all of our activities, but that remains to be seen.}
I hope to have things quiet down soon.
Tomorrow I hope to do some cleaning while my oldest son has (more)
testing taken care of. I feel like I've failed daily to get the basics
done. Oh! Let's not forget the flea infestation, the extra vet
visits, the extra monetary expense and the heart wrenching that I feel when my
doggies are going after yet another flea. Yes, the vet in PA forewarned
me about the fleas down here. Ugh! We've NEVER had issues with
fleas! Whew!
So, here I am, exhausted, on the brink
of being comatose with sleep, with mountains of clean blankets, rugs and
furniture completely covered with Borax for more than 24 hours, a back yard
that has been covered in Diatomaceous Earth, dogs and kitty have been through
flea baths, and everything. It is done and I am thankful! But, the
work continues tomorrow! We'll be spraying for other not so savory bugs.
The traps and bait are purchased and I'm ready!
For everything, I am thankful. I
am spiritually challenged by so much pain and suffering by so many people
lately. I am thankful for the opportunity to pray for the folks who have
come to me in a variety of ways to approach God's throne on their behalf.
I don't believe I've ever felt so burdened for people I've never met.
(See previous post) What a privilege to pray for all these folks!
The Lord is working on me so greatly, molding me, pruning the
unnecessary, giving me gut wrenching--heart wrenching situations where I'm
needed in a variety of very important people's life (not just my family, but a
beautiful little boy with special needs). I'm thankful for this! I've been challenged to ask God to show me where He needs me to join His
work. He's been a wonderful gentleman and shown me in some blatant ways.
He's also shown me ways to share our story and our faith. What a
blessing!
While I feel so very overwhelmed at
times, feeling like a failure, God is faithful to redeem my time, placing me
right where He needs me to be, to show His loved ones His unfathomable, always
faithful love to those who need it the most. I feel honored, and
embarrassed at the same time. Honored and humbled that he would choose
me. Embarrassed that my own selfish attitude has gotten in the way of
His work. Lord, forgive me!
How many times are we letting those
opportunities slide by when God places them right in our laps? (You don't
have to answer.)
God Bless,

No comments:
Post a Comment