The rest of the month promises to be just as busy with the slight increase in appointments, but also a slight increase in other activities, like parades and Christmas parties.
I'm planning to continue with the Trim Healthy Mama lifestyle right through the holidays. How? I've been keeping and printing out all those luscious wonderful treats that I find on the internet to make during this time to help me stay on plan, and have cake for breakfast! Yippee!
I would love to say that all of this change is easy, but it isn't. I am finding it extremely challenging, not for myself, but for my kids. I have 2 who could stand to loose some weight too. So, my husband and I have quietly decided to loose weight and get down below where they are to create a little "healthy" competition with them.
Here is a lovely picture of our Christmas tree.
![]() |
| 2015 Christmas Tree in the Georgia house. |
The picture of our tree symbolizes so much! It is with so much love and appreciation that this picture, in all of it's flawed glory, represents so much of our lives right now. Allow me to explain:
1). The tree is beautiful with the decorations, lights, star, and ribbon. This represents our family's love and work together to bring about something beautiful.
2). The ribbon stops before it gets to the bottom. There is a reason for that. I have a beautiful dog named Rustie who has served us well for 14 years this month. We love him to pieces. He is getting older, moves around in a not so organized fashion anymore and when he goes by the tree, we'd rather be sure he doesn't get tangled in ribbon while we're gone. Occasionally, he's been so nice to us to give us another view of the tree by rotating it for us. That's why there isn't a tree skirt in this picture and why there is one lonely bulb on the floor instead of the tree. ;)
3). The bare, unfinished cement floor....yes, I love it! It represents sacrifice. It represents love. It represents frugality and patience too. You see, we could have taken our money and finished the floor, but instead we've decided to wait until our house in Pennsylvania has sold before we finish the flooring. We want to be sure we tend to the obligations we have before tending to the floor. So the floor takes a back seat. Why not use a credit card? Well, we have used the "all cash" system for a very long time and we will continue to use the all cash system not because credit is bad, but because it gives us more control over our money. We can tell our money where to go. This is a basic concept that Dave Ramsey uses in his Total Money Makeover program. This is a basic concept that we're working diligently to pass on to our kids--patience with our life circumstances, and telling our money where to go. So this floor represents love--as an action word.
4). The love of books and reading is represented so well in this picture too. I bet you thought I wouldn't bring that up! LOL Yes, I have too many books, but I love books.
We are working toward becoming debt free. This is a step in the journey. We are selling more of our things and downsizing, decluttering, giving things away too. The less clutter there is, the less we have to spend time taking care of, dusting, cleaning, upkeep and so forth.
I promise, I will post pictures of our progress. The thought of being debt free tastes soooo good!

God Bless,
| Mr. G and me |

No comments:
Post a Comment