Why?
We're becoming more and more convinced that the we need to strive hard to keep the commercialization out of Christmas. This is one of those things that we really want to drive home with our kids. Christmas really means the celebration of the gift of the coming of our Savior. What better gift can there be? So we worship, work together and love one another.
...fast forwarding to the day after Christmas...
I would love to begin Christmas shopping for next year right now. The only problem is finding space to store said items, and hoping they won't melt by the time Christmas 2016 rolls around. What about home made things? Well, here in Georgia, those nice warm things--like wool socks, afghans, and fuzzy jammies--are not needed. This year at least has seen some high temperatures than normal, but I'm assured that they do get cold here. So far, we've had the AC on up to today. Go figure! I've felt a couple nights that have been a wee bit nippy and just a few days, not even a handful, but mostly it has been in the 70's and higher.
Our Christmas was very quiet with everyone pitching in to do their part for the very simple Christmas dinner after opening gifts. The gifts were simple this year and I noticed how much thought my young folks put in to their gifts to one another. What a blessing it was to see them putting such thought in to their gifts! To me that showed so much more care and compassion than any extravagant gift ever could. We never told them they had to give one another gifts, they want to.
Today my oldest son has been working on his bedroom painting it. He's really looking forward to making it his own work of art--something simple, but tastefully done. He's painting it dark green with tan trim. He wants to have me make plaid curtains, so we've been looking at fabric for that. I hope to have the fabric chosen and pulled together with the curtains hung in the next 2 weeks. He wants to get a rug and new bedding too. I imagine a new lamp is in order as well.
My daughter has been working on her bedroom off and on for the past couple of months. She's finished painting (I think), and is in the organization phase. She's got quite a bit more to organize and put away, but she's been working on that. She has some important decisions to make here soon, so hopefully she'll be deciding in the next 2 weeks and moving on with things.
![]() |
| Me with my youngest son. :) |
My hubby has an interview for a new position here in GA. Our plans all along have been for him to start looking for work at the 6 month mark so we can make extra payments and get our house paid off quickly. We're hoping to be debt free in 5 years, Lord willing. Then we can work toward helping others, giving of our time, talents, and treasures as the Lord makes us aware of the needs.
I hope all of you have had a wonderful Merry Christmas with all of your loved ones. I'll see all of you next year!
God Bless,
![]() |
| Me & Pickles the cat |


No comments:
Post a Comment