March 9, 2015

And So "IT" Begins




                                      


As March blows in like a lion and continues to roar, we are tucked quite tightly inside our toasty home with lots of things to do.  There are things to clean, paint, flooring to replace, vehicles to replace and the list continues. 


I decided to begin backing our "Religious Books" first.  I'm going through them to decide which ones I want to keep as a part of our library, those I want to donate to our church's library, then ones to sell and others to donate to Good Will.  The interesting part of this particular job is that I'm not bent over at the waist, but sitting on the floor with my wonderful helpers bringing me books to pack.  


Next on the list of books to pack would be my music books.  I love them, but it is time to get them packed.  I need to clean and clear out the books and there is no time like the present.  


The progress I'm making on the shawl I'm working on for a Christmas 2015 gift is slow.  I have problems with nerve damage on my left hand, so I work as much as I can and put it down for and do something else for a while.


Visiting with dear friends is also on the agenda.  My dear friend Mrs. S falls in love with my animals every time she comes to our house to visit.  I'd venture to say that they love her too.  :0)




Ever since my surgery, I have been eating ice every day.  I know that I love the coolness on my throat, but nothing soothes my throat like generic lemon lime soda.  I fill up a mason jar with ice, then usually cover it with lemon lime soda.  The picture above, I decided to add some blueberries to my drink.  I love the slight flavor and the color.  

One problem I am having is sitting still.  I feel so much better than I have in a very long time, but I don't that if I do a wee bit too much--like driving or a few chores--I get tired and it is time to rest.  From what I understand it is common to feel that way.  I rest daily, closing my eyes even for 20 minutes helps.  

I'm pacing myself with painting and packing right now, so I don't over do.  I've been trying to do some each day.  Some days it works and others it doesn't get done, but tomorrow is another day.  

I'm trying to hold my plans loosely.

God Bless,
Regina





No comments: