The interesting part of contemplating a move is looking at all the houses to consider, that fit the needs of your family, present and future. Right now, we're looking for houses with property. With our budget, we need to find fixer-upper houses because with houses that need nothing done to fix them up AND property, they're astronomically priced outside of our price range. So we need to be willing to work to fix things up.
The difficult part of seeing all these houses online is not being able to go see them "right now" because we're almost 1000 miles away. We've been in contact with a realtor and we're gearing up for that trip here soon, but until that time, we work on our house. I am certain that when we return from that trip, we will be putting our house on the market.
One of the things we've done in the past when we had sold our old house, is that we prayed for the new owner of our house. We prayed that they would come along in God's timing, that our house would completely fit their needs, and that they would be blessed by our house. Our house fire in 2005 REALLY blessed the new owner of our house with a completely new heating system, hot water system, new basement and many other things. The lady who eventually bought our house was single and I'm sure the peace of mind in having a new furnace and hot water heater was a good thing for her. So, we pray for the people who will buy our house.
We are gradually decluttering things here in our house. With everything that has transpired here this year, the paperwork and filing needs have mushroomed. I have been overwhelmed and have not kept up with all of it. I have put myself on "autopilot" more often to just be able to deal with the needful things in our lives. I knew that eventually the paperwork would get filed. Right now, we deal with catching up and staying caught up with all of it. Then beginning to weed through curriculum that we no longer need, books we no longer need, and clothes we no longer want to wear or are too small. It is a welcome thing to see all the "give away" items to go to the Goodwill or to folks who might need them. I have a box sitting not far from my front door to hold decor, household and kitchen give away items and when it gets full, I'll close it up and take it to Goodwill.
We will be meeting with the retirement system folks soon to get a final tally on what Mr. G's income will be and we can get our budget set up and get prepared for that. We have found a couple churches to visit while we're down there in a couple months, and a Civil Air Patrol Squadron that the kids are excited to visit. We're also going to join a homeschool group *before* moving. Yes, here in about 2 weeks we'll join the Southwest Georgia Homeschoolers Association to get a feel for what activities they offer through their newsletter and groups. I can't find that information out unless we join. I'm not too worried about it though. They have a very similar set up to the current homeschool group we are members of currently.
We're getting excited, even moreso as time goes on.
Have a wonderful Christmas.
God Bless,

No comments:
Post a Comment