This morning as I type this blog post, I am formulating a list of things in my mind that I need to get before the Arctic blast that is heading our way on Sunday night/Monday morning and lasting until Wednesday. They say that this is the coldest it has been in 10 years or so. I don't mind those statistics. What I am thinking more of is that with all the cold headed our way, there are some wonderful recipes I'd like to make, chili to pressure can and lots of tea, hot cocoa and soups to enjoy.
That's right! I'm thinking of enjoying myself while the cold rages outside. Now is the time to get all those special ingredients that I need to make sure we have enough to make the things I'd like to make.
Why not concern myself with the cold? Because I'm ready for the cold. This is a special time of year that God has blessed us with to do just that, bake, snuggle, read, play games and do all of it around a warm fire.
I work throughout the year to prepare for times like this. I am prepared. I love this verse that mentions the lack of fear for the cold and snow. We're not clothed in scarlet, but we're all warmly clothed. Look at all the different versions. It all makes sense to be prepared!
Pro 31:21
(ASV) She is not afraid of the snow for her household; For all her household are clothed with scarlet.
(Bishops) She feareth not that the colde of wynter shall hurt her housholde, for all her housholde folkes are clothed with scarlet.
(ESV) She is not afraid of snow for her household, for all her household are clothed in scarlet.
(Geneva) She feareth not the snowe for her familie: for all her familie is clothed with skarlet.
(GNB) She doesn't worry when it snows, because her family has warm clothing.
(ISV) She is unafraid of winter's effect on her household, because all of them are warmly clothed.
(KJV) She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.
(KJV+) She is notH3808 afraidH3372 of the snowH4480 H7950 for her household:H1004 forH3588 allH3605 her householdH1004 are clothedH3847 with scarlet.H8144
(KJV-1611) She is not afraid of the snow for her houshold: for all her houshold are cloathed with scarlet.
(LBLA) No tiene temor de la nieve por los de su casa, porque todos los de su casa llevan ropa escarlata.
(LITV) She is not afraid of the snow for her household, for all her household are clothed with scarlet.
(MKJV) She is not afraid of the snow for her household; for all her household are clothed with scarlet.
(Vulgate) lameth non timebit domui suae a frigoribus nivis omnes enim domestici eius vestiti duplicibus
No comments:
Post a Comment