October 6, 2013

Finished Bolero

In the Spring I decided to make a lovely Victorian Bolero for my daughter.  Forgive me, but I've lost the link and cannot find it.  I promise that when I do find it, I will post it!

This is my first piece of "clothing" that I've ever knitted and finished.  I'd started a grand task of making her a sweater about 5 years ago, but it didn't pan out.  So here I am, making her something cute that I know she'll like.  =0)

This is it with some tails that need to be woven in.  I had lost my needle, so I waited until I could find it before finishing.  =0)

Close up.  For those of you who knit, yes, you're seeing correctly.  I had to undo things half way up and the loops twisted making that lovely line straight across in the middle.  To this day I still don't know how to undo  it when that happens! 

The other side.

All of this was made my hand, sewn together with a needle--no sewing machine.  The yarn would have been sucked up by the feed dogs on my sewing machine and I'd be sitting there in tears.  I figured I'd better take the safe route and sew it all together by hand.  

And she loves it!



1 comment:

Coffee Mommerz said...

That is very pretty, she is going to look so pretty in it.