September 26, 2013

What's Up?

I can't believe it has been almost a month since I've blogged!  I've certainly been busy and just plain filling my time with lots of lovely things to do.

We've had a couple birthdays--my sweet daughter's and mine.

She's decided she likes her hair red, so we dyed her hair last Sunday.

She loves it! :)
As for me, I've been reading and reading and reading when I get a free moment.  I finished Dave Ramsey's EntreLeadership book, I'm working on two more books for Sunday School and Wednesday night Bible Study, then in my free time, I'm re-reading Dating vs Courtship.  I am super excitedly waiting to be able to buy Trim Healthy Mama because I've heard so many good reviews/reports about it.  

I continue to look at curriculum and make note of things that I need to purchase and/or change about a few things in our home schooling.  That's one of the things I love about home schooling is the flexibility to stop where you are, switch gears, and go another direction.  Well, we're there now with our oldest son.  We need to do some rethinking, nothing major, but a different direction nonetheless.

We began our year at our home school group, called "Co-op".  For those of you who are not familiar with it, we meet twice a month.  Every parent volunteers to either teach or help in the variety of classes offered each year.  Every parent is placed on a "team" to help with the various extra duties that need to be tended to--like setting up and tearing down after our group has been at the church we meet at, communications team (newsletter--which I write...hence much of the reason I haven't blogged in a while), support team (much like nurturing the group through prayer and sending cards to those who need it, among other things), events team (field trips and performance night), academic team (standardized testing, academic fair and more), and I know there is more, but I can't remember.  Anyway...I get to teach the 8th grade Physical Science Lab which is based on the Apologia Physical Science curriculum.  I also get the privilege to help in the Kindergarten/First Grade Literature class.  I absolutely adore this age, so this is right up my alley!  Over all, with all the activity, by the end of the day I'm exhausted.  The kids on the other hand are needing some quiet time to process their day.  They're not exhausted like Mom, but they need some "down time" nonetheless.  This last Monday Mr. G had off work and had an absolutely TO DIE FOR scent wafting out to the driveway when we came home!  He made us a wonderful delectable pork roast with all the trimmings for dinner while we were gone.  He's definitely a keeper!

I have also finished the pieces to a Bolero I've been working on for my daughter.  I have to wash and block them, then sew them together and knit the edge ruffle.  I probably won't get to it until Monday since Grandma, Grandpa and Uncle A are coming for a couple of days over the weekend.  I'm not sure how long they will be here, but I'm hoping they'll be able to stay for a bit.  


I guess that's about it for now.  I'll leave you with this lovely picture of my daughter's beautiful flowers she grew from seed.  

I won't be canning any more for this season.  The deer decimated our garden, so my youngest decided to take the sickle to it.  Here are the culprits~


They brought all of their friends one evening!  We had 7 of them in the back yard!

Guess who is having lofty thoughts of building a nice fence next Spring?

No comments: