Recently, my husband discovered a hole in the gas tank of his truck, so his activities have been focused around finding parts that he needs, patches and refashioning pieces to make sure the tank fits back up in it's designated spot. I don't have any pictures of him doing work on the truck, but all while this has occurred, he's had the fever-cold-cough-drippy nose-not sleeping well-flu. He's on the upward swing from it all, but today he has awakened not very refreshed. We're hoping he isn't having a relapse, but he spent most of yesterday resting with exception to about an hour worth of work on the gas tank with the young gentlemen of the family while I spent time knitting while HJ had her piano and flute lessons. This morning he looks like he's been hit by a MAC truck--poor guy. I'm hoping he feels better soon so we can enjoy some time together and he can go hunting with the children.
The Friday after Thanksgiving, we brought out the tree and all of the decorations. Within a couple of hours it was all cleaned up, the unwanted stuff decluttered and the wanted stuff gracing our home with it's presence. We've realized that we have 4 nativities, lots of angels and snowmen. What fun it is to decorate on the Friday after Thanksgiving, have everything (including the tree) up while listening to Christmas songs and/or watching Christmas shows on DVD and Netflix. What a blessing it is to create these family memories! The hard part is to let the kids do all of it, but they want to, so it's ok. In years past we've decorated only partially until we were able to go get a live tree. Last year the local tree farm didn't open--at all. We were stuck and decided to go buy a pre-lit one. It went up and was ready to decorate in less than 15 minutes from the time the box was brought downstairs. It feels so good not having bins out ready with ornaments, lights and tinsel to go on the tree for 2 weeks. Now we're ready for guests without the bin clutter laying out. I'm finding that our decorations are very simplistic, nothing overly done, yet beautiful. Everything has it's place and my daughter, HJ, even had some extras to decorate the basement tastefully as well. I'm so very blessed!
While Mr. G went to work on Saturday, the rest of us were invited to our friends' house, the "C" family whose grandparents live about 35-45 minutes from us. We're actually friends with the grandparents too, so does that mean we're friends with 3 generations of the "C" family? LOL The kids really made good friends with the children over the summer at VBS and Sunday School, so whenever the children are able to come this way, we try to get together.
DJC and his dad with their boy scout troop had made a trebuchet and being the wonderful folks they are, they packed it up and brought it out to share the fun of punkin' chunkin' with us. Words cannot describe how much fun we had. The science behind it all and the fun of seeing the punkins fly was sheer delight. Toward the end DJC's uncle thought it would be fun to throw a "flaming" punkin, but unfortunately the flame went out before the punkin reached throwing status. Below are a couple pictures of our adventure.
DJC on the right and his uncle on the left.
The "C" and the "G" children. The "C" children are from 2 different Daddies, so there are cousins here. :) All the kids were standing back away from the trebuchet, so I snapped a picture. What fun!
Testing everything out before they let the kids pull the chord.
DJC's Dad, AJC, giving DA (my oldest) quick directions on what to do. JL (my youngest) is to the left.
Getting ready to pull the chord.
I have a video too!
After taking all the pictures and videos, I was cold and went in the house to warm up. We were invited to stay for pizza and had a wonderful time of fellowship, laughter, prayer and encouragement.
Sunday seemed like a blur of activity, with the holiday season and 4 of our 5 in bell choir and singing choir it's a lot of practices, but so much fun nonetheless.
I love serving the Lord together with my family!
After church we came home and ingested more turkey leftovers, snoozed for 15 minutes, then took the boys to their piano lessons. We had fun surprising a friend who works there, but we're keeping it a secret. ;)
All through this weekend I couldn't get my feet warm complete with warm toes, so it has spurred me on to get my own socks done. I'm making my own socks just a little different than everyone else's socks. I like ankle socks, so I'm making mine shorter. That's the beauty of making your own things, I'm finding. You can adjust the pattern for your own preferences and needs.
What will I do after my own socks are done? Finish an afghan and start fingerless mitts (I think) for gifts for next Christmas for all the ladies of the family. I think that would be a wonderfully practical gift for everyone.
I caught my beautiful HJ propping herself up on the half wall talking with her brothers and Daddy and decided to snap a picture.
DA who was cold and decided he needed to keep his robe on. LOL
JL who needs to show his teeth more when he smiles. LOL
Well, that's about it for us. Our mighty hunters will be off school during hunting season, unless they get bored and want to do some school work, which happens too. I'm going to get eye-brow-deep in cleaning and clearing out my husband's closet, helping him to declutter and organize so I can redo the inside of his closet...but...
that's a story for another day.
![]() |
| ©Disney Clipart |
TTFN!


No comments:
Post a Comment