August 2, 2012

July...Where Did You Go?

Time seems to be running so very fast these days.  I've been working on getting some projects going, getting chores done, cleaning those extra areas that need it and getting ready for our yearly Birthday Bash.  Of course with every year, I try to include water play just in case it is hot.  Last year our well ran dry, so we couldn't do the slip-n-slide.  This year the pump to our well broke, so no slip-n-slide again.  But, we're doing something with water fun anyway.  I'm going to get 6-5 gallon buckets and fill them with water, get tiny little squirt guns (leveling the playing field between older and younger water lovers) and we're loading 2 laundry baskets with water balloons.  How fun!  I know it will be a blast for them.  :)

Along with all the water stuff, I always get glow sticks, bracelets or necklaces for the kids to have more fun after dark.  The adults are usually huddled around the campfire talking, so the kids are having a great time running around glowing!  :)

This week's preparations revolve around scrubbing the back porch and getting things weeded.  I still have to decide what to plant in the one flower bed.  LOL  Go figure!

Next week it will be the basement in earnest.  We keep it generally clean, but before the Birthday Bash I like to wipe things down and finalize with the family where to put things.  This year there is a bit of a change in the flow of things so I'm hoping it will work better.

I would also like to start getting a few things bagged and in the freezer.  I found a couple ideas on Pintrest, just in passing mind you.  I don't spend a lot of time on Pintrest just because I don't have a lot of time.  If someone shows me something at some point and it looks interesting, I try to do it.  :)

Well, August is here whether I like it or not.  Oddly enough, even though time has seemingly flown by, I'm welcoming the cooler weather a bit easier this year.  In July, with the temperatures in the mid to high 90's with the humidity, I was feeling sick to my stomach.  Lately it has been warm through the day, in the 80's and a bit of a nip in the air by the time I wake up at 5:00AM.  The crispness is one that makes me crawl back in to bed and cover up with a sheet and rest my head on my beloved's back...just for a little while.  I love this weather!

No comments: