May 10, 2012

Happenings at Our House

This week has flown by!  I can't believe it is Thursday and I'm sitting here writing to all of you!  Our local home school group met this past Monday.  We took our used books and tried to sell what we had.  We sold a whole box full of Box Car Children books and a few other books too.  We'll just pack up the others for selling next year.

I can't remember if we looked out at the full moon on Monday or Tuesday night, but my oldest son, DA, took bunches of pictures and by far this one is the clearest.
Perigee moon....13th try. This was the clearest picture he could get. I think it looks neat with the clouds. :)

On Sunday we decided that it would be a wonderful day to (yes, I'm going backwards) go for a walk or in some cases roller blade, in Cook's Forest.

Three Caballeros....2 Roller blading and 1 doggie walker.




Half yawn, half pant

Breathtakingly beautiful!


Hold on a second, Mom.  I've got something in my shoe.

So hard to believe this 12 year old is now taller than me!

And, I've decided to start selling on etsy, after encouragement from my husband.  My etsy shop name is ReginasApronsNThings if you'd like to see more pictures.  
It has been a busy week, getting our schooling done, working on more projects around the house, cleaning and living.  God is good.  I am always amazed by His goodness.  I was looking out my front bay window this morning while I talked with my brother for a few minutes.  I tried describing the beautiful sunrise to him where the clouds, while completely covering the sun, the light shining out fro m the bottom of the clouds and it was absolutely stunning.  There were clouds rolling in their darker form behind the light streaming from the clouds in front.  It was all so beautiful.  What a blessing!

Psalms 63:3-4 "Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, My lips shall praise thee.  (4)  So will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name."





2 comments:

OurLilFullFam said...

Great thinking enjoying the weather by roller blading!

We loved that moon this week too, what a great sight to see what God has made!

Stephanie

Regina said...

Hi Stephanie!
My kids tend to ask on their own whether they can roller blade on River Road when we decide to go. They would love to go and bike ride from one end of the road to the other. Total it would be 14.2 miles. We'd like to do that, but my bike needs replaced first. We'll probably do that next month or so. I love God's creation, being out in it and smelling all the wonderful fragrances God has blessed us with. It truly is awesome! :)