January 22, 2012

Sunday Happenings...

This morning started like any morning does...with the alarm going off at 7AM.  I awoke my precious daughter to let the dogs out and the boys to get their days going.  I finished my daily bathroom hygeine, vacated so others could use the bathroom and went downstairs to get some breakfast. 

By 9:00 everyone was ready, except Daddy who just got in to the shower.  We were leaving at 9:45, so he was right on time. 

We had a lovely time visiting a new church, given much to ponder and pray about.  After getting home to down some lunch, Mr. G and I sat at the table having our lunch together and discussing a few things about this morning and some physical issues he had with the pews.  So far, we both liked the church, but would like to visit others in the area to get a better comparison.  Next week, it'll be a different church to visit for 2 Sundays.  :) 

After Mr. G left for work, the children ate what they could quickly and we were off to piano lessons.  They're all progressing quite nicely and doing so very well.  :) 

This afternoon was very strange!  So strange in fact, that we finished our Mega Shopping.  How strange to be doing our Mega Shopping on a Sunday afternoon!  So many times we get it done on Friday mornings and then it is done and we don't have to worry about it.  This time, though, the big Sub was making funny noises on our way to "Harp Hopper" (as JL use to call it), so we went home and didn't finish.  The big Sub is running rough, so Mr. G is going through a list of things it could be, fixing this and that as well as seeking wise counsel from a friend of his or two who use to be mechanics.  Prayers for healing on the big Sub would be appreciated.  I know....it is an inanimate object, but it is an integral part of the running of our home.  ;) 

After reassurance from Mr. G that it won't just quit on me, I confidently completed our Mega Shopping and came home.  What a blessing! 

Now, here I sit with my feet up, fighting going to to sleep because I'm exhausted.  I just finished talking with the dear friend who I'll be co-teaching with tomorrow about teaching the young ladies in the Keepers of the Faith class.  We're teaching the girls how to knit and crochet.  I've sent my daughter up to clean her room.  DA asked to play a computer game.  JL is getting his lunch put together for tomorrow's home school class day.  After they're done, they'll do some tidying up for a guest to come stay the night tomorrow after home school class day. 

I am so very thankful for so many things the Lord has given to me!  I know that some of my bloggie friends are doing a 1000 thankful things.  I'll have to find out more about that, but I guess I'll start now.

#1--Jesus my Lord and Savior
#2--My husband--Mr. G [adding more detail as I go along]
#3--My oldest son DA
#4--My daughter HJ
#5--My youngest son JL
#6-13--All of our sweet bebes in heaven
#14 & 15--Our dogs Biscuit & Rustie who keep us laughing every day
#16--A warm home with a roof over our heads
#17--Clothes and shoes
#18--All the papers that adorn my coffee table that show the learning and growing of my children
#19--Morning snuggles with my beloved
#20--Laundry to do that shows my family is happily busy with life and all it entails.
#21--Laughter and fun thinking of loved ones and how to spoil them for Valentine's day.
#22--Gardening catalogs

And last, but certainly not least...

#23--My beloved's CPAP machine that helps him breathe at night.  Praise God!  [Complete with Darth Vader sound effects!  LOL]

No comments: