August 12, 2011

Grandma and Grandpa's Visit

Tuesday brought rain and cooler weather to our area.  It was lovely.  We finished tidying things up, showered and they were here! 


Grandma loves dogs, but this little guy continued NOT coming to her, unless of course she fed him from the table.  LOL

I didn't get very many pictures of their visit, but when we took them to Cook's Forest, we were able to see a bald eagle!
I know this picture doesn't do it justice, but we were able to see it in mid flight and it was absolutely spectacular!  What a blessing!  Grandma said, "Oh, now all I need to see is a black bear!"  LOL 

HJ was able to talk with Grandma quite extensively about beads and patterns for making jewelry and so forth.  They got to talk for a very long time which was wonderful for their "girl time".  I sat and crocheted and listened.  I don't make jewelry.  It just hasn't been my forte. ;)

As with all family visits of this sort, it was much too short.  There is always more that we wish we could see with them, do with them and show them.  They stayed the night and since there were so many other friends and family for them to see, they had to leave the next day.  Hopefully the next time we see them, it will be a vacation circumstance instead of health.  I guess I'm just a bit melancholy today.

This was when we went to Florida during Christmas 2010.

No comments: