April 17, 2011

New Skirt, Different Look

A few months ago, I bought my dear daughter HJ a corderoy pencil skirt from ebay. When it came in the mail, the slit UP THE FRONT of the skirt was waaaaaaaaaaaay too long. We decided to redo it somehow in a nice contrasting fabric. Needless to say, I haven't found a nice contrasting fabric....that is...until today when my HJ suggested this pair of tan corderoy pants to use. I thought, "Hmmmmm, that just might work!"

I cut triangles from the legs and made some pretty embroidery at the bottom.


All while these were cooking...

003


And the boys were "blowing" the lids off of pringles cans...

007

And if you see in the background, there are cookies on the cooling racks...

All while Momma worked and worked...

002

009

010

011

I originally did not plan to make a slit in the back, but to make the skirt fully functional for an active 13 year old precious daughter and look nice, I added more to make it pretty. :0)

My day is not nearly done at 10:14PM. Those crock pots of chili above...they made 4 pint jars each with some left over. They're in the pressure cooker right now and they're almost done. Whenever we're out and about and we have no leftovers, my hubby can be blessed to know there is chili in the pantry just for him.

001

The one on the right in the picture above is just a basic White Chicken Chili. I will post the recipe for you upon request.

The one on the left is basic chili that was made with beef and venison. The beef is grass fed and the venison is from my son's first buck! I'll post the recipe for that upon request as well.

002

These were packed in pint jars that had been sterilized via water bath, then the contents added while everything was piping hot. The jars were sealed tight and placed in 2" of water in the pressure canner you see in the above picture. The burner was put on high until the pressure guage read almost 10 pounds of pressure, then the temperature was decreased to med-low. Once the guage read 10 pounds, we set the timer for an hour and a half. We checked the guage every few minutes, released any extra pressure (above 10 pounds) and went along with our clean up. Since these contain meat, they have to be pressure canned in this manner. I'll date them for yesterday and put them on the shelf. Once it goes past 6 months, the contents are thrown out, if they haven't been eatten.

Next week, it's Split Pea Soup!


Blessings,

Regina

No comments: