What lovely greenness is covering our part of Pennsylvania like waves of the sea changing the torraine with each ebb and flow. The greenness is taking over the brownness, the seemingly dead throughout the winter has awakened from its slumber to grow and live again. Rain comes and goes with ferocity at times, leaving behind the fresh scent of Spring. Sometimes the scent is not of Spring, but of worms coming to the surface. After such a long hard winter, I relish in the scents and sounds of Spring. The dawn chorus awakens me every day, bidding me "Welcome to today!" what a lovely day it is going to be! Such a wonderful chorus of birds to welcome my sleeping body to the day.
When we go about our days, we have choices to make in how we respond to everything that happens. When something spills, falls and breaks or if we're sick, do we react with upset...making sure the whole household knows of our condition? Or, do we quickly clean up the spilled milk...or better yet call to everyone, "Quick! Grab a straw and make sure none of it hits the floor!" Making such fun filled memories out of an "oopsie-doodles"...
Just like the above example, every day we have so many opportunities to praise God for every possible thing. Through the past few years, I've had some tooth trouble that started with 2 small "on the surface" cavities. When our first dentist drilled too deeply, one of my teeth began hurting. I was given a choice between a root canal or getting it pulled. I chose to get it pulled. The dry socket that formed was so very painful that I didn't willingly want or desire another pulled tooth again in my life. Forwarding to yesterday, it was time again to deal with that decision of having another tooth pulled. The dentist (a new one) asked me again before he gave me the novicaine if I wanted to see about doing a root canal. Through my own fears and difficulty willingly going through pain again, I felt the gentle nudging of the Lord telling me to get it pulled. The darkness in the x-ray was an "unsure" sign to the dentist. It meant there was deterioration there around the tooth. As I sat there praying, a tear came to my eye, "Oh Lord, please give the dentist's hands gentleness and swiftness. Please have the tooth come out all in one piece without any drilling. Help me to relax in You, Lord." He rubbed this topical numbing stuff on the site where the novicaine shots needed to go in, which helped immensely. He was so very gentle in comparison to the previous dentist. What a Godsend! He and the assistant stayed with me just talking about home schooling and helping kids with homework.
Once he put me back in to the chair and I opened my mouth, I heard the Lord speak peace to my mind saying, "Relax, breath deeply and let me take care of this."
So I did...
As God would have it, He is amazing by-the-way, the dentist was able to wiggle all of my tooth out except for the part that had the darkness around it in the x-ray. It broke off because it was in the process of deteriorating. He pulled it out separately and found a pocket attached to the tip of the root with an abcess on the end of it. He said that a root canal would not have taken care of this problem, even though we could not see it on the x-ray. It came out completely clean! There were no little bits left behind, both pieces came out so very easily, I think that even the dentist himself was amazed. I just praise God!
When my beloved and I came home, we stopped off at the pharmacy to drop off the prescription for Vicodin just in case. He went back to get it on the motorcycle after dropping me off. I figured he needed some fresh air and prayer time on his motorcycle to praise God himself. I think he was more concerned about me than anything else through this time and was relieved that it went so well.
I took some Ibuprofen and sat and talked with the kids about my tooth. I also brought the tooth home for the kids to see. They were completely engulfed in looking at the tooth and how the "baggie" could have formed on the root. How neat! Well, not so neat in my eyes, but I certainly didn't feel the pressure in my mouth any longer. What a blessing!
Forwarding to today, I've had a good night sleep. I only took one of the Vicadin last night to help me sleep. What a blessing! Today I've been taking Ibuprofen and that seems to be working well for me. The site the tooth was in does not hurt at all. The bothersome part is deep inside where the absess was. My sinuses are so close to that site that the sinus pressure has increased on that side of my head. I stand in awe of this amazing working of God. I am completely confused by it all, but yet I stand back pondering and am just so thankful!
God is awesome!
1 comment:
Hope you get to feeling better soon!
Post a Comment