For VBS this year we were looking for something with the theme going along with a forest. Last year we found some neat stuff on the Amazon jungle and things like that, but the publishers do not keep the same things from one year to the next. I wasn't able to get things at the deep discounted price from last Fall. Instead, I found Wildwood Forest~Discover the Untamed Nature of God. The scriptures are fabulous, the songs are wonderful and everything else just fits in to place. I'm still struggling trying to find volunteers with everyone's work schedules. It's so disheartening. I'm hoping that this Sunday will bring many more. We're offering nursery services for VBS workers with some wonderful loving people in the nursery to help.
I've been meditating upon this verse~
"How hast thou helped him that is without power! How hast thou saved the arm that hath no strength! "(Job 26:2)
and this verse~
"The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him. "(Psalms 28:7)
and this verse~
"Lord, all my desire is before thee; And my groaning is not hid from thee. My heart throbbeth, my strength faileth me: As for the light of mine eyes, it also is gone from me. My lovers and my friends stand aloof from my plague; And my kinsmen stand afar off." (Psalms 38:9-11)
and this verse~
"Yet I will rejoice in Jehovah, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Jehovah, the Lord, is my strength; And he maketh my feet like hinds' feet, And will make me to walk upon my high places." (Habakkuk 3:18-19)
and this verse~
"Finally, be strong in the Lord, and in the strength of his might."(Ephesians 6:10)
No comments:
Post a Comment