July 24, 2015

On to the next thing...


Our house has sign put out.  We are still getting things done, in spite of the rain.  Some things that my husband needs to do has be done outside in the driveway, but with the rain and thunder storms, it isn't a good thing.


The front of our house has undergone quite a few changes in the past few years.  A couple years ago this view would have a gang plank approximately where the irises are due to us digging up the foundation to redo the coating.The dirt piles were up so far that no one could see in to our bay window.  Now, we're waiting for lots of wonderful perennials to pop up above the mulch.  We're leaving the large whiskey barrels without flowers because we're taking them with us.  The smaller whiskey barrels will have herbs in them because they're easier to transport.  


This trellis is covered, as is the one on the other side of the bush just out of site, with clematis flowers.  They were in full bloom this year and absolutely gorgeous!  We let the vinca vines take over and fill in the area around the bottom of the bed because there are periwinkel flowers on them and they look pretty.  

In the lower left of the above picture, I see the leaves of my lillies.  As of right now, the clematis has finished blooming, the vincas are spreading, and the lillies are in full bloom.  I should post a picture of all of them.  They're gloriously beautiful!

Tomorrow, Lord willing, I plan to finish my own chores, pack 4 boxes, then get out to my herb garden and get things thinned out.  I'll take before and after pictures.  My oregano and bee balm has decided to take over!  It's incredible what happens when your attention is elsewhere!

I plan to take clippings of all of my herbs with me, along with my perennials.  I love my perennials because I don't have to go to the store and buy them every year to make the yard beautiful.  :)   As I have gathered and grown them, the yard is being filled and I don't have to buy as many annuals.  I still like my petunias and my impatiens.  Those  flowers always fill areas and do so very well when they're cared for properly.

Have a lovely day!

God Bless,








No comments: