February 15, 2014

Our Valentine's Day



Such an "original" title, huh?!  LOL  Well, our day was anything but ordinary.

In the morning, I dropped my daughter, HJ off at our dear friends' house to babysit her 2 youngest while she ran some errands.  I ran errands and grocery shopped to my heart's content before the snow got worse.  While I was gone, I looked for Valentine's Day gifts that were not pink, lace or polka dots--just to make sure my guys didn't get a girly gift.  Heaven forbid!  I usually get my hubby a pair of silk-y boxers, but this year they didn't have his size, unfortunately.  So I did the next best thing!  I bought him a warm fuzzy hoodie!  As I looked around, I found 3 more hoodies that were wonderfully warm too!  I decided to go practical and unconventional for Valentine's day and get everyone clearance hoodies.  LOL

I arrived home and everyone hustled and bustled getting the groceries unloaded, put away, and all the bags & boxes in their rightful place.  Everyone loved the practical hoodies, red velvet cupcakes (which I had only one bite of), and chocolate.  I love lavishing practical love on my family!

Later, a friend of mine came to pick up the kids for a night of "hanging out" at her house with her kids while my Mr. G and I went out and had the house to ourselves upon our return.  I grabbed a quick snooze, then changed into some nicer clothes to go out to a local winery.

 [Now, just to help you understand, I'm not a wino! (no judgment, please!)  I like sipping a glass of good wine about 4 times a year.  And I can only sip one glass, not two because my stomach gets sour at that point.  I don't have any problem whatsoever with moderation.  Besides, wine is a wonderful drink from the Bible, so I have no guilt in consuming a glass of wine 4 times a year.]  

The local winery did not have a restaurant, so they had dinner catered just for Valentine's day.  What a wonderful prime rib dinner it was!  My husband made reservations for this place in advance--when our original plans were derailed by a snow storm--and it was just what I needed!  It had a rustic-outdoorsy-bistro feel to it.  I loved not only the decor, but the owners were absolutely lovely and the LIVE music was wonderful!  The older gentleman played early 70's-ish music from John Denver, The Eagles, Bobby Goldsboro and other similar tunes.  We both loved it!  What a lovely idea this was that my husband had!  We had our dinner out on their back deck--yes, outside--where they had a huge torch heater and the entire porch was encased in plastic, white Christmas lights, and burlap curtains where you could see all the snow and the woods!  The atmosphere was friendly and inviting!  We'll definitely go back!

We enjoyed our time away from the hustle and bustle of responsibility with the kids, but they were just 5 minutes down the road.  LOL  Yes, a good friend who takes my kids even when they have the sniffles and they're coughing up icky stuff!  =0D  We don't go out as often as we should, so this was quite a wonderful treat for us.

What's next?  Planning for our 24th Anniversary!  


God Bless,
Regina



No comments: