After the cleaning and preparing food were done, the kids and I spent time out in the back yard filling around 300 balloons for the sling shot and water balloon fight.
The two volunteers needed to hold the sling shot while all the little ones had a chance to sling a water balloon. What fun!
They quickly figured out that in order for the balloon to stay in the sling, they had to kneel down on the ground.
Fun!
Needing big brother's help.
She didn't need help!
Neither did he!
Priceless!
I love the expressions on their faces!
So much fun!
Quick, Mom! I need to give you my head band!
Lots of balloons....
Lots of water...
Lots of running...
Lots of fun...
...and wet kids!
The expressions are wonderful!
JL just has to try and get Ben! LOL
Time for water guns!
What the adults did while the kids played. =0)
Beautiful little girl!
Sitting around the campfire enjoying friends.
The next day, we had more friends over. This time they played with Airsoft guns in the woods. We pretty much kept the campfire going all day. They came and roasted hot dogs, shot at soda cans and bottles and enjoyed shooting aisoft pellets at one another.
Roasting Time
Of course they had to shoot everyone's guns just to try them out.
Peaceful house...they were all in the woods! LOL
Shooting at plastic bottles.
The clean up crew! Rustie does such a good job, too! The only thing he won't clean up is olives. LOL
Everyone in camouflage of some sort...
The young man in blue jeans is my oldest son. He'll be 18 in a couple weeks. How time flies! He just began his Senior year of high school yesterday. =0)
Smoke in the eyes...poor little Biscuit too.
While the kids were in the woods, Mr. G and I walked around the garden to check out all the things that the deer haven't eaten, which isn't much. We had placed newspaper around each of our tomato plants this year to keep the weeds down. It worked! This is among the first of the tomatoes to ripen. What a wonderful blessing!
A late arrival brought all kinds of ammunition with him.
Back resting
Inspection time...while another is deep in thought.
They're growing up so fast! I remember these guys when they were little guys!
Got to try and mutilate that soda bottle!
My handsome Mr. G looking on at the young men around the fire.
Caught him off guard.
Since she'll be 16 this year, she wanted a shorter cut. The hairdresser down the road from us asked if she wanted to donate her hair to locks of love and she is! I had fun trying to get pictures of her, catching her while she wasn't looking at me, but at the boys....still trying to shoot one another, even when the neighbor came to join them. They had to do it all over again! LOL
A swimming pool that only 24 hours earlier held water balloons is now a human shield. LOL
Brother's hat...silly girl!
Precious treasure!
I love her smile!
I like this one too. She's always deep in thought.
The boys are reloading...HJ sits out. She's had enough.
Over all it was a memorable weekend. Little did I realize that the Birthday Bash would turn in to a weekend event. LOL Thank goodness we had leftovers from the party!
Perhaps we should plan for it to be a weekend event next year?!
Any suggestions on events to plan?

No comments:
Post a Comment