July 11, 2013

Of Birthdays, Yard Sales, Auctions, Berry Picking & Flea Markets

We celebrated a birthday on Monday.  My youngest son is 14 now.  What a strange feeling!  He's been such a blessing!

My lovely daughter with the doggie carrier bag we found at a yard sale last weekend...complete with doggie inside!

Flea Market day was last Saturday and what a wonderful time we had!  My beloved Mr. G bought me a cherry snow cone which really hit the spot!  I loved it!  

On Tuesday we went to Kinzua Country Auctions and bought some "new to us" dishes, china, and salad bowls.  I absolutely had a wonderful time with my family and it's certainly such a blessing to me!  

Our black raspberry bushes are producing nicely and while the children pick for me, I look forward to the mixed berry jam I'll make at the end of the berry picking season.  It's one of my family's favorites.

We had the privilege of having a friend over last week.  I love seeing my kids enjoying themselves with their friends in a good wholesome way.  The kids took him berry picking a couple days and he enjoyed getting the pay. (He's a special needs young man, so this is a very big step for him.)  =0)

Yard sales are in our life greatly this weekend since we're having one.  It seems that each time I look around there is something more we could put out in to the yard sale pile.  We'll see what happens.  I'd love to sell lots more though!  


Time to get some serious resting done before we do everything again tomorrow.

God Bless,


1 comment:

Mosaic said...

Yum ... jam ...

My daughter has been all over me to make some of my pineapple-strawberry jam.

Are you ready for school to start?