The picture above shows the area, sort of, behind the two chairs to the left. My bee balm is already there, but it's time to add more plants. :)
In the front yard, plans are continuing for our new sidewalk. We need to get a load of gravel to line the bottom, then fill in the sides with the forms, then start mixing concrete. After the sidewalk is in, we'll add more top soil, then start planting some other perennials. I'd love to line the sidewalk with Spring flowers and lavender. I'm quite fond of lots of perennial flowers.
My daughter has asked to plant some flowers this year as well. She is doing marigolds, zinnias, cosmos, and daisies. I'm not sure where we'll put those this year, but we'll find a place. :0)
At some point this summer, we plan to replace the fascia and repaint the trim on our house. It's a slow process, but it will be done nonetheless.
It has also come to my attention that we need to rethink watering the garden and how we do it. When our well went dry, we needed to feed a hose through the laundry room window to attach it to the spigot for the washing machine. This year, I'm not sure what my husband will decide to do, but installing a spigot on the outside of the house under the laundry room window would be a very welcome idea.

I'd love to have all of this stuff done by the end of July. That way when canning season comes around, we can concentrate our efforts on that instead of home improvement projects.

This morning, though--I think I'm going to get my work clothes on and go do some raking after I have my yogurt. The temperature is at 50 Degrees right now and the sun is shining. What a perfect time to get some raking done! :0) I'd venture to say some prayer time while outside is a given.
No comments:
Post a Comment