I guess I should get more work done on my socks so I can have warm feet! LOL
Praising God for time to worship Him. Yes, I worship every chance I get, which equates to deliberately taking a few moments to stop and listen to the praise music that just came on the radio. Small moments of worship throughout the day are a wonderful uplifting balm to the soul.
Time alone with the Lord, it doesn't have to be just in the early morning hours. Make time for Him, even just moments throughout the day, and your day will be richly blessed and your soul fed.
Last night, I had intentions of doing my daily exercises while listening to this DVD.
Praising God for time to worship Him. Yes, I worship every chance I get, which equates to deliberately taking a few moments to stop and listen to the praise music that just came on the radio. Small moments of worship throughout the day are a wonderful uplifting balm to the soul.
Time alone with the Lord, it doesn't have to be just in the early morning hours. Make time for Him, even just moments throughout the day, and your day will be richly blessed and your soul fed.
Last night, I had intentions of doing my daily exercises while listening to this DVD.
I finished my exercises as best I could, but found myself sobbing, in tears not only for family members, but with gratefulness for His mercy upon me in my life. I couldn't help but worship and praise God. I couldn't sing along, but whispered the words through my tears.
During my time, my husband came upstairs to check on me because I'd been warm downstairs with the fireplace going. The room temperature was 75 Degrees F and I was getting hot, but needed to do my exercises. What he found was not his wife doing exercises, but sitting on the floor next to our bed, with bloodshot, swollen eyes, head bowed and tears still flowing. He asked me what was wrong and I couldn't answer. Once I was able to answer because of being so overcome. Eventually I told him why the tears and asked him to pray. He did, then he kissed me and went downstairs.
During my time, my husband came upstairs to check on me because I'd been warm downstairs with the fireplace going. The room temperature was 75 Degrees F and I was getting hot, but needed to do my exercises. What he found was not his wife doing exercises, but sitting on the floor next to our bed, with bloodshot, swollen eyes, head bowed and tears still flowing. He asked me what was wrong and I couldn't answer. Once I was able to answer because of being so overcome. Eventually I told him why the tears and asked him to pray. He did, then he kissed me and went downstairs.
There are thoughts that come to me in my deepest heart during these times of worship. Yes, I do test them to be sure they're from God and if they are truly good, I know their source. I am sure the thoughts He gave me were as a direct result of my husband's prayer. Praise God!
Right now I'm listening to "Gentle Praise" on the local Christian Radio's online website. I know they have other genre's to listen to, but I like this one currently.
Right now I'm listening to "Gentle Praise" on the local Christian Radio's online website. I know they have other genre's to listen to, but I like this one currently.
John 15:4
"Abide in me, and I will abide in you.
Just as the branch cannot produce fruit by itself unless it abides in the vine,
neither can you unless you abide in me."
Can one praise and worship God while doing things of daily life, like dishes, laundry, mopping, vacuuming and perhaps hand crafts? Absolutely! While I listen to Gentle Praise, I'm going to knit some on my sock. :)
Have a Blessed Day!

No comments:
Post a Comment