For those of you who don’t know what NaNoWriMo is, it is where you challenge yourself to write 50,000 words (not at random) for the entire month of November. In years past, I sat back reading and marveling at my friends who have decided to take this type of thing and run with it. This year, I’m giving it a whirl. I’ve hemmed and hawed about it for weeks since my friend, Julie, mentioned it on Facebook. I thought, “I could do this if I just apply myself” LOL Go figure! So here you will get a glimpse in to the real life and thoughts of yours truly. I’m not writing about a fictional character, No! Here you’ll have it, just me and the daily happenings, lessons, frustrations, funny occurrences and so forth at our house. I promise that you’ll probably laugh a little, learn a little, cry a little (probably at my typos) and learn that I am much like you—a real person with real passions in life worth writing about. Many people think we live a mundane life. If they were only a mouse in the corner or a fly on the wall, they would really see very differently how very un-mundane our life really is.
Alrightie then, here I go on a never before attempted venture of writing a novel about my own life. I hope by the end of the month to have accomplished a couple of things—firstly, to simply say that I did it. Secondly, I’d like to encourage others in their own lives, and thirdly, I’d like to let everyone know that this is me. This is who I am. This is what makes me unique, fully human and full of mistakes. If you’re joining me at the beginning of our month long journey, welcome aboard! If you’re jumping in mid-way or toward the end of my adventure, glad to have you!
Alrightie then, here I go on a never before attempted venture of writing a novel about my own life. I hope by the end of the month to have accomplished a couple of things—firstly, to simply say that I did it. Secondly, I’d like to encourage others in their own lives, and thirdly, I’d like to let everyone know that this is me. This is who I am. This is what makes me unique, fully human and full of mistakes. If you’re joining me at the beginning of our month long journey, welcome aboard! If you’re jumping in mid-way or toward the end of my adventure, glad to have you!
2 comments:
I will be doing this again this year!! I am going to do my journals! I have 1 1/2 of them!!
That's wonderful, Sami! I'd love to read along! Where are you posting your writing?
Post a Comment