September 2, 2010

Not So Lazy Summer Days...

These summer days are quickly flying by and coming to a close faster than I ever thought possible.  But, that is how it goes with seasons.  My beautiful beebalm has long faded.  My precious hummingbird came to buzz by the bay window earlier today, perhaps to say "Good-bye" until next summer.  I have been quickly trying to fill our last days of summer with sun and fun. 

This morning the children, dogs and I walked along the beautiful Clarion River for our morning walk.  Well, I should say that the dogs and I walked.  Dearest Daughter rode her bike, oldest son roller bladed and youngest son roller skated.  Once reaching almost to the 1 mile point, we turned around and they BEGGED me to jog back to the Pale Whale.  So, with doggies in the SUV and emergency flashers on, my two tortises and one hare jogged behind me.  My one hare decided to run as fast as he could, then stop to walk very slowly for a while, then run at top speed again.  Lessons were learned very quickly about the difference between sprinting and jogging to build stamina. 
DA is the oldest who is now 15 years old.  HJ is my precious daughter who will be 13 this month.  JL is the youngest of the 3 who just turned 11 in July.  What fun we've had together this summer!  This area is absolutely beautiful to walk, ride, jog, canoe and whatever other mode you'd like to go through.  I'd highly recommend it!

We've tried our hand this year at selling produce from the side of the road.  We've had such and adventure!  The kids did all the work with it and we made a wonderful profit of $9 from it!  What a wonderful learning experience!  Maybe next year we'll have even more to sell!  Yippee!

Well, today is my paperwork day.  I just stopped by to write a tid bit and then head out to get my work done. 

Have a wonderful day!
Blessings,

No comments: