We now have 18 qts of potatoes & 2 qts of stewed tomatoes from the garden! What a blessing!
One of my kids snapped a shot of me while I was adding salt to the jars. We use Sea Salt which is better for those of us who have high blood pressure than regular Iodized Salt or canning salt. I enjoy canning for this reason. I know what is going in to my food. I know that we won't have to buy cans of prepackaged food. This Momma is very happy with that thought. So, we can, freeze and dehyrate as much as we can.
This is my oldest son DA. He loves to help me do the canning. What a wonderful blessing he is, especially when my back starts to hurt. He just asks, "Mom, is there anything I can do to help?" Now who can turn down help like that? :0)
Here is my precious daughter HJ who is intently listening while I explain what we're going to do while we can our produce.
These are a couple of our HUGE brandywine tomatoes we grew in our garden this year, by the grace of God. This is our first year getting these and it has been such a blessing. We love growing this variety. They are so delicious with a flavor unmatched by any other. My husband showed me this by having me eat a cherry tomato, then a brandywine. Wow! What a difference!
Just a little perspective on how big the brandywine is in comparison to our cherry tomato and a quarter. :0)


No comments:
Post a Comment